Before I start… is it just me or does word press ALWAYS mess up the formatting in the publishing process… everything is everywhere and spaced out strangely once I see the final product and I’m all like “BAH!!!”
As I write this I wish I had an entire plate of these.. these were SO good.
I got the idea from Om Girl’s Guide:
I love her posts so I thought I’d try it myself in a way that’s slightly different as I lacked some materials. I was also craving sushi so I figured, why not turn into a hand roll? Behold:
I’m trying to eat the screen…
Anyways, you can find her version (which is probably better) at the link provided, or if you’d like to try mine which isn’t so bad ;), follow directions below.
What you need:
Sundried tomato pate ingredients..
- 1/3 cup hummus (I made mine from scratch – chick peas + olive oil + garlic clove + boiled crushed peppers + dry basil = delicious, easy peasy hummus)
- 1/4 cup sundried tomato
- 1/4 cup walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes (follow package instructions to make sure they are blanched before used.. all you have to do is boil them in water for 2 minutes)
– – – – – – – –
- 1 avocado
- boston lettuce
- wasabi powder
- any other fillings you’d like
- 1 cup brown rice
To make the pate start by blending all pate ingredients in a food processor. Try and smooth out any chunks as best as you can. Set aside in a bowl.
The vegannaise is so excited!!
Lay out lettuce leaves one at a time (whatever size leaf you’d prefer) and spread mayo over leaf; sprinkle wasabi powder over.
Next, you will lay out rice over top and flatten nicely. After that you may add the pate and then stick a couple of slivers of avocado in the centre. And just ‘Roll it, roll it, roll, roll it, WHAT!?’
Make sure it’s nicely ‘swaddled’ so it doesn’t fall apart.
Repeat this process with how many ever you desire and refrigerate. You can eat it fresh – you’ll be tempted – but allowing it to cool will help bind the ingredients so that it doesn’t fall apart.
Bon a pâtit and let me know what you think!
Jack Attack was hanging onto my leg for the entire time I was making these rolls.
Peace in ❤
- Vegetarian Crustless Wheat-Free Sundried Tomatoes and Spinach Quiche Recipe (greenerideal.com)
- Semolina Bun Bread with Wild Garlic and Sundried Tomatoes (zebbakes.com)
- Sundried Tomato and Parmesan Bread Rolls (iamrhubarb.wordpress.com)
- sundried tomato hummus (justblitherblather.wordpress.com)
- Sun Dried Tomato Tortellini (cookingwithmrc.wordpress.com)
- Collard Wraps with Sun Dried Tomato Pate (omgirlsguide.wordpress.com)